To ensure the health and safety of our patients & employees in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are closing Bubon Orthodontics for the time being. It has been recommended by the AAO (American Association of Orthodontics) and the ADA (American Dental Association) we postpone any elective dentistry for the foreseeable future. The purpose of this recommendation is to minimize the risks of virus exposure to our patients and team. This means we are only allowed to see a patient to address an emergency – significant oral pain, trauma, infection. Please call us if you are experiencing an emergency and we will do our best to talk you through it in hopes to avoid an office visit. Our closure timeline is subject to change as we know more, so please continue checking our Facebook for updates.
If we plan to be closed on a date you have an appointment, you will receive a call from us to reschedule. We have limited staff members available to answer calls in case you have any questions or concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and greatly appreciate your understanding during this difficult time! Thank you for your continued support. We are so proud to be part of such a strong community!
What does this mean for our patients?
- We want to reassure you that delaying treatment for the time being is okay! This will not disrupt your progress and your teeth will continue to align. Please remember your treatment will continue to work despite not coming in for a visit.
- Invisalign Patients – We are working on a curbside pick-up option to those who simply need to pick up more aligners. Stay tuned! If this option isn’t for you [new attachments required, doctor time needed during your visit, you’re ready for removal of attachments] please continue wearing your last aligner until we can see you. You CAN reduce to wearing it at night to prolong the life of the aligner. Soak your aligners more frequently in denture cleaner to help keep them clean!
- Braces Patients – Your teeth will continue to progress over the next few weeks until we can see you. It is essential to keep your teeth clean and stay away from anything crunchy, sticky or chewy. We can mail you elastics or wax if you need more. We are also working on curbside pickup for these items as well!
- Future Appointments – Our team has been working diligently on rescheduling patients. If you have an appointment coming up, we will be in contact with you to reschedule if necessary.
You are still our top priority and we are following the guidelines given by the CDC, ADA, and AAO very closely. We will reopen as soon as it is safe for our patients and employees. In the meantime, we greatly appreciate your support an understanding. We can’t wait to see you soon!
If you are experiencing an emergency that cannot be solved by any of the resources provided on our website, or you have any questions or concerns, we have limited staff members available to assist you! You can call or email at:
Be assured that if you are scheduled to be seen for a true orthodontic emergency that cannot be addressed at home, we will be taking EVERY precaution to keep you and our employees safe. Among other safety measures, we will require:
- Only one parent per child
- Less than 10 persons in our reception area at all times!
- No one admitted with any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Patients will be directed from the parking lot when it is safe to enter the premises
- Guardians or drivers may be asked to wait in the car until the appointment is completed
- Certain procedures (such as those that generate an aerosol spray) may not be performed