A Letter From Our Doctors
Update regarding our response to COVID-19
We hope you and your families have been staying safe during this unprecedented time of the COVID-19 pandemic. As we slowly begin to open our doors again, we want to share what we are doing to help keep you, as well as our staff and Doctors, safe and help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. As always, we are committed to providing excellent treatment in a comfortable and safe environment. We are following guidelines from the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure we are up to date with proper infection control procedures. Please find a list of some of our strategies on the next page.
STRATEGIES FOR OUR PRACTICE:
– reception area and entire office is routinely cleaned and disinfected (door handles and other frequently touched surfaces are cleaned after each patient)
– We have removed magazines and children’s toys from the reception area since these items are difficult to clean
– We have also temporarily discontinued use of our coffee/tea machines
-We are limiting the number of patients seen per hour so that a smaller number of people will be in the reception area and able to sit 6 feet apart
– Staff are washing hands thoroughly throughout the day
– All staff will have appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) such as a mask (KN 95) and goggles or face shield, gowns as needed
– Daily staff screening log for COVID-19 before entering
– We will be implementing taking temperatures for staff and patients as soon as possible as part of our screening process
STRATEGIES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
– All patients are asked to wear a mask or face covering when entering the office (if you would like to wait in your car until your appointment please text us at 262-522-7447 to let us know that you are here and we will let you know when you can come in)
– All patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon arrival which we will have available
– One adult may accompany a child patient
– Adult patients should come alone to their appointment
– Patients will be screened when scheduling appointments and again when they arrive for their appointment (questions relating to any symptoms or contact with potentially sick individuals)
– Patients are asked to contact us if they develop any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after their appointment
– Please practice social distancing in the reception area
– Please try to avoid use of the restroom
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions prior to your appointment.
We look forward to welcoming you and new patients to our practice! See you soon!
To ensure the health and safety of our patients & employees in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are closing Bubon Orthodontics for the time being. It has been recommended by the AAO (American Association of Orthodontics) and the ADA (American Dental Association) we postpone any elective dentistry for the foreseeable future. The purpose of this recommendation is to minimize the risks of virus exposure to our patients and team. This means we are only allowed to see a patient to address an emergency – significant oral pain, trauma, infection. Please call us if you are experiencing an emergency and we will do our best to talk you through it in hopes to avoid an office visit. Our closure timeline is subject to change as we know more, so please continue checking our Facebook for updates.
If we plan to be closed on a date you have an appointment, you will receive a call from us to reschedule. We have limited staff members available to answer calls in case you have any questions or concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and greatly appreciate your understanding during this difficult time! Thank you for your continued support. We are so proud to be part of such a strong community!
What does this mean for our patients?
- We want to reassure you that delaying treatment for the time being is okay! This will not disrupt your progress and your teeth will continue to align. Please remember your treatment will continue to work despite not coming in for a visit.
- Invisalign Patients – We are working on a curbside pick-up option to those who simply need to pick up more aligners. Stay tuned! If this option isn’t for you [new attachments required, doctor time needed during your visit, you’re ready for removal of attachments] please continue wearing your last aligner until we can see you. You CAN reduce to wearing it at night to prolong the life of the aligner. Soak your aligners more frequently in denture cleaner to help keep them clean!
- Braces Patients – Your teeth will continue to progress over the next few weeks until we can see you. It is essential to keep your teeth clean and stay away from anything crunchy, sticky or chewy. We can mail you elastics or wax if you need more. We are also working on curbside pickup for these items as well!
- Future Appointments – Our team has been working diligently on rescheduling patients. If you have an appointment coming up, we will be in contact with you to reschedule if necessary.
You are still our top priority and we are following the guidelines given by the CDC, ADA, and AAO very closely. We will reopen as soon as it is safe for our patients and employees. In the meantime, we greatly appreciate your support an understanding. We can’t wait to see you soon!
If you are experiencing an emergency that cannot be solved by any of the resources provided on our website, or you have any questions or concerns, we have limited staff members available to assist you! You can call or email at: