Do’s and Don’ts of Invisalign
Keeping your Invisalign aligners clean, invisible, and odor-free is essential for proper upkeep and good oral hygiene. While you’re able to remove your aligners for eating and drinking, you still have to clean your trays properly to avoid discoloration and buildup of bacteria.
Don’t worry, it’s easy and affordable to keep your aligners and smile bright! Below you’ll find a list of Do’s and Don’ts of Invisalign.
- ● Brush your aligners gently. Brushing too hard can cause scratches on your aligners and can make them more noticeable. Brush carefully!
- ● Every time you remove your aligners give them a rinse. When your saliva and plaque dry it can create a foul smell.
- ● When you don’t have a toothbrush around, soak your aligners. Soaking your aligners can help keep trays clear and sanitized.
- ● Brush and floss your teeth after eating! When you forget, it can trap food particles between your teeth and aligners which can increase your risk for future dental issues.
- ● Eat or drink (anything but water) while wearing your Invisalign aligners. Food and drinks can stain or discolor your aligners.
- ● Leave your aligners exposed or unprotected while eating. They’re clear, which can make them easy to misplace or throw away. Leaving them out of their case can also expose them to harmful germs and bacteria.
- ● Use toothpaste to clean your aligners. Toothpaste can be too abrasive for your aligners and can also dull them.
Invisalign is an excellent alternative to wearing braces for many teens and adults. As Wisconsin’s #1 Invisalign provider, we are proud to serve our community with high-quality orthodontics at a low cost!